The Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) and NHS Education for Scotland (NES) invite you to take part in one of the Equal Partners in Care (EPiC) practice learning and sharing events taking place in February 2014.
The events will take place in:
- Glasgow – 3 February
- Aberdeen – 13 February
- Edinburgh – 25 February
The aim of the events is to:
- promote the EPiC core principles for working with carers and young carers
- showcase the activities of our demonstrator sites in implementing the core principles in workforce learning
- showcase good practice and resources for working with carers and young carers
- inspire participants to work in partnership with carers to achieve better outcomes for all involved in the caring relationship.
Who are they for?
This is a workforce event and is open to workers, managers and employers in health, social services, carer support or other services which have a role in identifying and supporting carers and young carers. It is also for anyone with a role in workforce learning – in the workplace, in higher or further education, training providers or voluntary organisations involved in carer awareness activities.
What’s on the programme?
Each event will take place from 10am – 3pm and will feature speakers, workshops, poster presentations and a marketplace showcasing good practice in working with carers and young carers. A full programme will be sent out in January. Workshops confirmed so far include:
- Engaging carers and young carers
- Best practice in involving carers in mental health care
- Supporting students with caring responsibilities
- Putting EPiC into practice in workforce learning
- Involving carers in workforce education.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com
Equal Partners in Care (EPiC) is a joint project between NHS Education for Scotland (NES) and the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) to implement the workforce learning elements of the Carers Strategy 2010-15 and is funded by the Scottish Government.