Choose this advanced course if you wish to become a professional counsellor/psychotherapist and wish to gain, through qualification, a route onto an Accredited Register approved by the Professional Standards Authority. Since its launch in 2012, the Accredited Register programme is the benchmark for counsellors and therapists and can provide public confidence in your services.
This is our recommended course as it fully meets current professional requirements and is the most cost-efficient way to enter our profession. You’ll be able to offer concrete help and appropriate solutions to clients, taking an active role in assisting them heal and reach their full potential.
- Become recognised as a Registered Counsellor and earn an Advanced Diploma (Ad.Dip Psy C.)
- Course fully Accredited by the National Counselling Society
- Join as an M.N.C.S.(Acc.) with many membership benefits including eligibility to join the Royal Society for Public Health
- Meets the entry requirements for the Society’s Accredited Register for Counsellors, recognised by the Professional Standards Authority
- Receive a QCF Level 4 Diploma from AIM Awards
- A clear and rapid upgrade route to Level 5 & 6 (Higher Education) qualifications on passing this course
* subject to terms and conditions
Applicants with Level 3 Counselling Skills or similar can complete this course in 2 years by starting at year 2.
Years One & Two: Previous Modules as per Chrysalis Level 4 Diploma in Counselling Skills & Theory
Year Three: Over 10 weekends, you’ll study the following six units:
- The Humanistic Approach to Counselling
Includes; Contracting with Clients
- The Psychodynamic Approach to Counselling
Includes; Legal Issues
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy & Integration
Includes; Difference & Diversity
- Understanding Depression; Human Relationships
Includes; Ethical Issues
- Abuse and Addiction
Includes; Use of Supervision
- Personal and Professional Aspects of Counselling
Discover the full syllabus breakdown.
Study Methods: Practical classroom work; Practice Groups; Homework assignments; Reflective Journal; Formally Supervised Placement Arrangement; Focus on practical work with no final exam.
Supervision/Placements: This course requires 100 hours of practice in a formally supervised placement arrangement. There will be small additional supervision charges applicable in year 3 of this course.
Courses run nationally
Chrysalis have course venues all across the UK. For more information, click on the location nearest you.