The first National Skills Academy for Health Care Certificate Assessor training courses, in London on 25 June 2015 and Newcastle on 14 July 2015, are now available for booking.
The one-day Care Certificate Assessor training course will enable participants to develop the knowledge and confidence to successfully undertake their role and make clear and consistent assessment decisions.
This introductory training course will benefit both those new to assessment and current assessors who require refresher training. All courses will be delivered by experts in healthcare assessment to ensure delegates are provided with the relevant context for their assessment decisions.
Key aims and outcomes
- By the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the principles and requirements of assessment
- Use a range of assessment methods
- Plan Care Certificate assessments and make consistent assessment decisions
- Involve employees and others in assessment of the Care Certificate
- Manage information and gather auditable evidence
- Understand quality assurance of the assessment process
- Understand legal and good practice requirements
The Care Certificate assessor training course provides the opportunity for participants to achieve the following accredited units - 'Understanding the principles and practice of assessment' and 'Assess occupational competence in the work environment' (the latter would be delivered as a follow up session for an additional fee).
- Course only - £170
- Course with accreditation - £400
Dates and venues
- 25 June 2015 - London (National Skills Academy for Health, Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9LT)
- 14 July 2015 – Newcastle (County Thistle Hotel, Neville Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5DF)
To reserve your place, complete and return the course booking form.